Alchemy is Printed!

Just a quick update here:

Picked One Up From the Printer Last Night.  Amazon Will Take a Couple Weeks to “Ingest” Them.
(MrExcel.com Orders Will Ship Sooner Than That)

A Couple Things Are Just Sinking In…

1. It’s a Series Now!  A week ago, there was just a single title, but suddenly, I am holding three books in my hand.  Super cool feeling.
  2. Holy COW, I Co-Authored a Book with MrExcel!  I won’t lie – that realization, as it dawned on me today, was magical.  I got chills.

14 Responses to Alchemy is Printed!

1. frederic says:

Hello,

Once I receive my Kasper’s book (ordered May 08, 2014) and Alchemy (ordered Nov 28, 2013),
    I will have the whole series on paperback.

Thx to you all, Bill, Kasper and Rob to share the knowledge.

Note of interest to the publishers: Amazon.ca is very slow to stock on your books. Its message for both books: “Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We’ll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date.” is simply pathetic.

2. Kirill PErian says:

Rob, is there going to be a Kindle version for any of the two? Much like for DAX Formulas?

There will be yes. Takes longer for those to hit amazon though and not sure of the timing. Also will be available on MrExcel.com

3. Holy cow, Kasper’s book is already available in Sweden at AdLibris.com, and they promise I will have it within 3 days!
    2 down, one to go. I hope they will be equally efficient with Alchemy.

4. Kris R says:

Ordered the 2 books from Mr Excel, as ebooks, i find them convenient to carry and refer to, Unfortunately Kaspers book doesn’t seem to be available in electronic format :(. I am honored by the way you address us Excel freaks in your book, am officially a fan now :).

5. gregkramer1 says:

Wow, I had it that Mr. Excel would have gotten chills working with you :-)

6. If it sounds too good to be true, it is too good to be true. Not only did AdLibris cancel my order “Book not yet available”, but they changed the price for future orders from $28 to $42. I will buy it anyway!

7. Bob says:

Hi Rob,
    Bought your book through Mr Excel’s website a month ago and only PowerPivot Alchemy – Editor Cut V1 was available at that time and the website mentioned that the final version will be available for download once the book is published. However there is no download for it. Do you know what’s going on there?

Thanks
    Bob

8. Pretty cool seeing them all together!

9. Brian Grant says:

Kasper’s book shows up right as I’m leaving on vacation and as soon as I get back I find out Alchemy has a ship date; a great week for advanced Excel. I’m really looking forward to working through both of these and their going to look quite awesome with the first book on my bookshelf!

10. David Wetton says:

I’d ordered a couple of copies and have been putting them to good use already. Thanks for putting this together.

The one thing that I would recommend for future publications relates to image quality, and use of colours. The screen captures in the DAX book were all very crisp and clear whereas the images in Alchemy are a tad fuzzy at times. I’ve used the image on page 104 from the pdf version (it’s in colour) as it’s a great way to convey the value of powerpivot and power query. It works great in colour, but doesn’t work in the B/W print in the book.

I’m finding more and more people in my organization interested in starting down the Microsoft BI path and I’m recommending people get copies of the DAX and Alchemy books to assist in the learning.

11. Keith Barney says:

Just starting to peruse my new Alchemy book. Are the files you used in your examples available somewhere?