Get Your Name Printed in Power Pivot Alchemy :)

***UPDATE:  Pre-order window moved to Tuesday April 1st, and moved from Amazon to MrExcel.com:

0) Add the pre-order window to your calendar

1a) MrExcel.com Physical Book Page (USA Orders Only!)

1b) MrExcel.com eBook Page (All Countries)

***BONUS:  In addition to getting your name printed in the book, ALL pre-orders from MrExcel.com will include IMMEDIATE access to the “rough cuts” version of Alchemy in PDF form.  Think of this as the 99% complete version of the book, a “final beta” of sorts.  You can start reading next week, and then receive the final version when it’s ready in a few weeks.  (Immediate access to the PDF is included with pre-orders of the physical book OR eBook).

About 160 People Got Their Names Printed in the First Book, and Seemed to Really Enjoy It.
Time to Do That Again for My Long-Delayed New Book, Alchemy.

The long tug of war draws to a close…

Yes folks, it’s basically done.  For over a year now, Bill and I have taken turns playing the roles of “Busy Guy Who Keeps Putting it Off” and “Impatient Guy Who Wonders Why the Other Guy Keeps Dragging His Feet.”

For the record, it looks like the game is ending with me holding the hot potato.  Bill will forever remind me that I was the last hold up, I know this.

Order Tuesday April 1st Between
12 and 1 PM US Eastern Time

Pre-order the book on MrExcel.com during that 1-hour window and we will include your name in the book before it goes to the printer!  (Yes we still have a narrow window for changes).

0) Add the pre-order window to your calendar

1a) MrExcel.com Physical Book Page (USA Orders Only!)

1b) MrExcel.com eBook Page (All Countries)

(No Need to Send Screenshots Since We’ll Have Your Name on the Order)

Already Pre-Ordered?

If you pre-ordered on Amazon previously, go ahead and let me know.  We’ll take care of you.  alchemy@powerpivotpro.com

What’s IN the Book?

It’s a mix of old and new techniques.  It’s half “collection of favorite techniques from the blog” and half “stuff never covered here before.”  Power Query, Power View, and Power Map all have chapters for instance.

Even the “old” techniques have been spruced up a bit.  Bill has added quite a bit, I’ve added quite a bit.

Oh, and yeah, there are some more Microsoft stories from “back in the day.”  For instance, how the Slicers feature happened.

Anyway, we hope you like it Smile

14 Responses to Get Your Name Printed in Power Pivot Alchemy :)

1. wfourie says:

Rob, did you mean Fri 28 March :)

2. Ozer says:

Just checking, Friday March 28th (rather than 27th)?

3. Cisco Debs says:

I’m really excited for your new book. I’ll be pre-ordering another copy during the one hour window tomorrow.

Below is a tip that I thought I’d share with you since you share so many with us.

You can have a subject line automatically populate from “mailto” links. Check out the example below:

Current HTML:
    2) Send me your pre-order screenshot

New HTML:
    2) Send me your pre-order screenshot

Have an great day!
    Cisco

Thank you sir! I’ve used that trick once before but never seem to remember how to do it. Thanks for the suggestion, I’ve changed the mailto link :)

4. frederic gilbert says:

Pre-ordered on Nov 03, 2013. Screen capture sent.
    Very anxious to see what’s not in the blog!
    Thx for this 2nd edition

5. Dave says:

How do you pre-order? I could find only the “Alert Me” when available button

Yeah it looks like Amazon doesn’t allow pre-orders here in the US. Probably because the book is so overdue :)

Anyway, we’re resourceful. Switching this to Tuesday and MrExcel.com. Post updated.

6. So, I could cancel my pre-order from Feb and place anew pre-order tomorrow during the window… or just place another pre-order and cancel that one later… or just buy two books. So many choices!

7. Rob W says:

Just pre-ordered in the UK! Hopefully you may include some of us from over here!

Your first book gave me a great insight into the incredible powers of PowerPivot.

8. No preorder for a book they don’t have but, they’ll let you review it… ;)