Alchemy Pre-Order Moved to Tuesday on MrExcel.com

So it turns out Amazon isn’t taking pre-orders of Alchemy anymore here in the US until we notify them that the books are on their way to their warehouse.

No worries, we are resourceful!  Let’s just move the “pre-order, get your name printed in the book” offer to MrExcel.com.  And move the window to Tuesday April 1st (Noon to 1 PM US Eastern time) to give everyone time to see this update.

Updated steps:

0) Add the pre-order window to your calendar

1a) MrExcel.com Physical Book Page (USA Orders Only!)

1b) MrExcel.com eBook Page (All Countries)

(No need to send screenshots.  We’ll have your name from the order).

***BONUS:  In addition to getting your name printed in the book, ALL pre-orders from MrExcel.com will include IMMEDIATE access to the “rough cuts” version of Alchemy in PDF form.  Think of this as the 99% complete version of the book, a “final beta” of sorts.  You can start reading next week, and then receive the final version when it’s ready in a few weeks.  (Immediate access to the PDF is included with pre-orders of the physical book OR eBook).

See original post below for the rest of the info.  Sorry for the chaos Smile

23 Responses to Alchemy Pre-Order Moved to Tuesday on MrExcel.com

1. David Wetton says:

Is this offer only for US residents?

No, this offer stands for everyone, but if you’re outside the US, you have one fewer option.

Physical book orders on MrExcel.com can only ship to US addresses.

eBook orders on MrExcel.com can “ship” anywhere.

So if you’re outside the US, consider the eBook pre-order. If eBooks are not your bag, drop us an email and we’ll see what we can do.

• David Wetton says:

As a non-US person who wants to see their name in lights also in this second book I’ll purchase the (cheaper) ebook version on MrExcel.com, and then purchase the hardcopy through Amazon when it’s available for global customers.

Fame has a price I guess ($11.95 US).

2. Aden says:

Hi Rob

I am a fan of your blog and book. I am quite excited to see your new book and would like to buy it. However, I am not in US and I want a hard copy for easier reference.

Do you see any ways to mail a book to me? For example, I purchase a hard copy in Mr. Excel store and you mail it to me later when the final version is done? I am willing to pay the extra postage!

Aden

Hi Aden! Amazon will still sell the book and ship internationally, of course. International shipping through MrExcel.com is EXPENSIVE (like $100) so I don’t recommend that.

Either order the eBook through MrExcel in the meantime, OR drop me an email and explain your situation, and we’ll get your name in the book.

• David Wetton says:

I ordered the ebook, which gets me the ebook, a copy of the rough cuts plus my name in the book. I’m still puzzled about the incredible shipping costs form MrExcel but you can avoid those by going to Amazon later for your hardcopy. I’d be happy to support the MrExcel site, but the prices do need to be at least close to those being offered by other vendors.

I went through the rough cuts and was pleased to see a section specific to slicers. Creating custom slicers adds some real (visual) value to a dashboard and well worth the time/effort to learn the mechanics. As outlined in the book, changing fonts in slicers requires changes in EIGHT places.

My pet peeve with these custom products is that they are anchored to the file where I created them. I can’t use them in any other EXCEL file. If anyone knows how to add custom slicers to the default list of slicers in EXCEL I’d love to see that covered in a future posting. (I don’t do Macros).

3. frederic gilbert says:

It is unfortunate that amazon pre-orders don’t qualify for the rough cuts…

In the current case, a wait and see approach / last minute pledge seems to trump any early pre-order by dedicated fans of your work.

No hard feelings, just saying :)

4. Jon Acampora says:

Is this some sort of April fools joke? :) Just kidding! I’m really looking forward to the book!

5. Niraj Krishna says:

Can we get a free digital copy if we refererred you some business and bought your last one 3 times?

1) Pre-Ordered from Amazon
    2) Could not wait for physical copy so ordered digital one from Mr. Excel upon release
    3) Accidentally bought for Kindle thinking the new book had already come out

6. ozeroth says:

Just wanting to double-check the timing as I’m outside US and wasn’t sure whether to use EDT or EST. Can I assume New York time = Eastern Time for the pre-order window?

“Ozeroth” – if that’s inspired by what I think it is, awesome.

Yeah, New York time is the game. Though, if someone ends up off by an hour, I think you will find the “referees” to be forgiving :)

7. David M. Evans says:

Can we order it tonight (Monday pm in CA)? The wheeze of getting everybody together at one time was an Amazon thingy, IIRC …
    I get so caught up in my PPs at work …. ;-o

Ya that’s fine :)

• David M. Evans says:

Well – I managed to get the order in between the prescribed hours this morning. Tomorrow will be a different matter as its the First Round of the Match Play at the golf club … bugger the analysis tomorrow!

8. david says:

I’m in! Wait, should I be worried that today is April Fools Day?

9. Carsten Bieker says:

Mmh, I did I miss the deadline? This is so confusing with different us time zones and different daylight saving times…at least I got the rough already on my tablet.. :-)

10. Katrin Hauser says:

already flicking through the rough copy and happy I have it, eventhough I missed the preorder period yesterday.
    can’t wait to all those “why didn’t I come up with that myself”-moments again as happened with the first book. :D

11. Aden ZHAO says:

Hi Rob! I have purchased the e-book from Mr. Excel. Order number is 20127. Wait to see my name on the book later!