Comments should be working again

For some reason, no one has been able to successfully submit a comment on this site since Jan 1.  I didn’t realize this until yesterday – I just thought people were unusually quiet to start the year.

This should now be resolved.  Let me know if you submit a comment and it doesn’t show up (and doesn’t tell you it’s marked for moderation).

8 Responses to Comments should be working again

1. Test123 – Prueba123 – 0001000100001010

2. Jarrad Italia says:

Hey Rob,

Can you update the user group numbers please. The numbers haven’t changed since you first posted them.

3. Eduardo says:

Hi Rob!

I just finished reading your book “Dax Formulas” and pre ordered “Powerpivot “Alchemy” which will be published next month. I have a couple of questions.
    I decided to install Office 2010 in my computer because it supports another very important. app.I use (not supported by Office 2013) and because powepivot comes as a free add in. However,, I also have a licence for Office 2013.

MY QUESTIONS:
    - Have you tried to install both Office (10/13) in the same computer? Do they work OK?

- I Understand I have to buy Excel 2013 standalone in order to have powerpivot for Office 2013. This standalone also comes with power share which essentially generates charts and graphics representing your powerpivot project. What happens with the Excel contained in Office 2013? Does it merge with the Excel standalone?

- Is it possible to stay with Office 2010 and buy a standalone Powershare?

Thanks!
    Ed

Hi Eduardo. You mean Power View, not Power Share, right?

And no, you can’t really get a standalone Power View with 2010. There was a SharePoint-only version that was built for 2010 but it lacks features of Power View 2013 AND does not work on the desktop.

4. Eduardo says:

Yes, I meant Power view. Sorry for the confusion.

- Can I install both Offices (10/13) on the same computer? Will both work OK?

If the answer is no, how about if I install Office 2013 AND the Excel standalone (so I can also get – Power view) on a virtual computer (VM) on the same computer? Your take On this?
    Thanks

5. Andy says:

This is a very good question because I to want to load a 64 bit version of Excel 2010 whilst retaining office 2007 for the other office components. Is it possible to partition the disc to enable both to be installed and operate independantly

6. Eduardo says:

UPDATE. Andy, on Saturday I had an exchange of mails with Marco Russo, co-author of:”Microsoft Excel 2013 Building Data Models with PowerPivot”, the discussion centered on powerpivot and his book. I also posed the same question I posed to Rob, and he say there is NO problem downloading Office 2010 and 2013 on the same computer, working side by side. Actually, he added that this is precisely how he has it on his computer. While I don’t know if this includes Office 2007 I would assume it does but you may want to do more research. Hope this helps.