Now With Ornaments!
Get Your Password Now!
Folks, Wikileaks is at it again. This time, they’ve come into possession of one of Santa’s most closely-guarded management tools: his Elven Workshop Productivity Simulator.
And naturally, Wikileaks has asked for my assistance in getting this out to the public.
So I did what every responsible person would do. I decided to host it.
To log in, go to https://clients.pivotstream.com/sites/santa/pages/simulator.aspx
How it was done
I won’t go into too much detail, but…
- The web app uses PowerPivot for SharePoint, Excel Services, etc.
- The app was built 100% in Excel 2010 with PowerPivot for Excel
- No VBA, no code, nothing like that
- PowerPivot measures in hidden pivot tables
- Then, a dose of advanced Excel formulas, and LOTS of conditional formatting
Special Thanks To
My wife Jocelyn – for doing the “lite brite” style tree art for me in Excel.
Pivotstream CEO Jeff Elderton – for letting me bounce ideas off of him… and for, ahem, helping me “spruce” up the visuals a bit (get it?? Spruce??? Certainly worth every penny, this entertainment).
All of my colleagues at Pivotstream – for humoring me and tolerating this sort of thing. I dare say they encourage it.
All of you – for stopping by, whether this is your first visit, one of many, or even… both your first AND last visit
1) I may disable this account at any moment if things get too crazy. Check in with me on Twitter if you want to see status updates.
2) If you are not Christian, please don’t take any offense. Trust me, I am no more Christian than you are – I’m pretty much not religious in any accepted sense, but I do love the trappings of the holidays I was raised with.
3) I am of course not associated with Wikileaks – big shocker I know. I personally don’t have much trouble with Wikileaks though – the less secrets big organizations have from the little folks, the better, in my opinion. So I can either take it or leave it when it comes to Wikileaks, but the reaction, the move to freeze assets and shut down any mention of them in the press – well THAT is pretty scary.
Anyway, enough disclaimer crap. Enjoy, everyone. I hope you find this as entertaining as I did… which is pretty unlikely now that I think about it