With everyone getting their hands on CTP3, I decided to take a short break from the football project and show something else that may spark you to try things you otherwise might not.
Briefly, here are the steps covered in the videos:
- Copying the temperature data from Excel and pasting as a new table in PowerPivot
- Using CONCATENATE to create “key” columns in both the Temperature and Sales tables
- Creating a relationship between those tables, using the key columns created in 2
- Demonstrating that the relationship enables slicing sales by temperature
- Using a nested IF formula to add a new column to the Temperature table, mapping granular average temperature values into the four buckets Cold, Cool, Warm, Hot
- Using that newly-calculated column to slice sales numbers instead
Using DAX to create a “Sales per Day” measure!